Biyernes, Pebrero 10, 2012

Roll with the Punches


I received very disappointing news today, something that made me depressed and lose my appetite. I found out that I dropped two ranks in the class honors list, from top one in class to top three and from top 4 in the batch to top six. I was extremely disappointed and embarrassed, i could not stop a few tears from falling. I worked hard that quarter but I guess not as hard as I used to. I was a bit distracted due to delayed examinations because of Chinese dance. I know it's what i deserve this quarter but it really hurt me to think that I dropped so low. I couldn't help but cry my disappointment out.

Despite this, I have to rise from the ashes and smile. There are worst things to be depressed about and I guess I'm just a bit too grade-conscious and competitive. Despite my gloomy, irritated, disappointed mood for the day, I have to bring myself to smile:
(pardon the crappy photo)

The science exhibit gave me a reason to smile, the games let me let go of my depression but it's slowly coming back as I think of what I did wrong.

Dear Zoë,
         Top Four will come back to you, I promise. Don't be discouraged by one downfall. Rise from your depression, anger, and sadness and work even harder than usual. You are capable of getting what you want, you've done it before. Be happy and always look at the positive things in life. You have a lot of reasons to smile.
Love,
Future Zoe


This state of depression will end, followed by a new ray of sunshine as the quote above suggests. I will do my absolute best to get what I want, I know I can do it. I've done it before.

Anyway, here's a random collection of pictures.


 Some panna cotta Mommy made to go with the strawberries. I was pretty bored so I plated the strawberries up(inner chef coming through). The panna cotta was a bit too sweet but in contrast to the a bit sour strawberries, it was delicious.


Tried something new today. Instead of my usual wintermelon milk tea with pearls, I ordered Tiramisu Milk Tea with pudding. It was yummy; I enjoyed the pudding very much.


This is what I've been gearing up for. On Monday, I shall make a mural(together with Anika and Raven-sensei) about a theme( effects of  technology) with a slogan to match. Not sure on the slogan yet, still picking out one that will be great to paint.

I personally love to paint, having taken lessons during the summer but that was a long time ago. I hope I still remember the basics. I'm a bit anxious but mostly excited to get my hands dirty.



I am currently reading Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher(lent to me by Ate Sasa :3) and Unfinished Business by Nora Roberts on the kindle. Loving them both so far. I'm using a bookmark I drew and printed last November. Yeah, one of my successful doodles, unfortunately I haven't drawn since last year except a project for Chinese. I kinda got discouraged by my lack of talent.

This week was pretty crappy(sorry), it was filled with sadness and disappointment. I hope next week will be better, with Valentine's and all(I will be forever alone but with Glee to comfort me ;>). I want to feel better, no longer depressed and embarrassed by my failures as an honor student. Next week will turn out to bearable, I'll make that sure.

2 komento:

  1. I like the bookmark! And maganda ba yung book? I will put those on my to-read list.

    TumugonBurahin
  2. thank you! :3 oo naman. :) mystery pero ung isa romance na weird. xD

    TumugonBurahin